Who can apply for PAN Card? |What are the Eligibilities for Applying for PAN Card?
PAN Card is the Permanent Account Number provided by Income Tax Department of India to its citizens. Anyone can apply for this card which will be useful in many financial transactions and as an identity proof. Almost anyone can get this card.
- Indian citizens and even NRIs can also apply for PAN Card.
- There is no age limit for applying for this card.
- It is must for all the existing tax payers or those who are required to furnish income returns, to have PAN card.
- Even if the person files income returns on behalf of others, he or she has to obtain PAN Card.
- Persons, who take up financial transactions, where mentioning PAN number is mandatory, have to get their PAN card.
- Those who don’t have any income can also apply for PAN card.
- Minors can also get PAN card, provided they furnish the details of their parents/ guardians.